Have you planned to travel outside your country? Whether it is a fun trip or for work, you will need a travel insurance policy. That is where Insured Nomads travel insurance comes in. Insured Nomads is an insurance company with global coverage for every traveler.
So, is Insured Nomads worth your money? Is it reliable, and what does it cover? Are there Insured Nomads alternatives to consider? This Insured Nomads review has all responses to any questions you may have for this new travel insurance company.
Table of Contents
What is Insured Nomads?
Before we review this insurance company, let us have background information to set the stage.
Insured Nomads was established in October 2019 and registered as Insured Nomads Corporation. Insured Nomads is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, United States.
It is one of the few travel insurance companies that use the preeminent Insurtech and Traveltech platforms. This technology ensures the safety of remote workers, ex-pats, location-independent families, and seasonal travelers.
The insured can live, work, and play anywhere globally without any worries. The unprecedented technology applied by Insured Nomads offers protection beyond benefits for those living across their country’s borders.
How Insured Nomads Works?
At a glance, Insured Nomads services cover the following main areas:
- Global and regional health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Trip canceling plans
- Annual membership for security
- Community and duty of care
To better understand how Insured Nomads works, we will get into the details of each package the company offers. We will also discover what’s included in Insured Nomads’ travel policies. Let’s dive in!
Health Insurance by Insured Nomads
Insured Nomads offers global health insurance for those who work abroad or plan to stay longer outside their home countries. If you have this policy, you will not need emergency medical insurance.
That’s because everything is already covered in this package.
The insurance policy caters to your medical emergencies and routine, preventive, or chronic-care in the selected country. You will receive medical coverage for the entire duration you stated when filling in the policy, even if you have pre-existing conditions.
For Insured Nomads, the maximum duration of coverage is one year. Fortunately, you can always renew it when it expires. So, you will always be covered.
Health Insurance Coverage Highlights
When we talk about global health insurance, it should be specific about what the policy covers. These are grouped into four categories as follows:
- Hospital Stay
- Surgery & Related Care
- Organ Transplant
- Physician consultations
- ER or Urgent Care
- Diagnostic tests
- Alternative & Complementary treatments
- Mental Health:
- Inpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
- Substance Abuse Support
Assistance & More:
- Ambulance Transportation
- Preventative Screenings
- Prescription Drugs
- Vision Care
Travel Insurance by Insured Nomads
Insured Nomads offers a World Explorer plan ideal for seasoned travelers on short-term trips outside their country’s borders. It covers any emergency medical expense you may incur at any time of your trip in the destination country. Additionally, this plan is available for non-medical situations.
The travel insurance policy comes in two packages you can choose as you need. They include the following:
World Explorer: offered for a single trip that usually lasts between 1 to 364 days. It can be extended only once for up to 6 months longer than the initial purchase.
World Explorer Multi: offered for many short trips in a year. You can return to your home country between the trips without voiding the insurance policy.
Additionally, Insured Nomad offers adventure sports coverage and marine activities options for travelers. You can use it to augment your travel insurance if you want to participate in high-risk adventures. It covers hot air balloon riding, bungee jumping, and scuba diving to name a few!
What’s included in the Insured Nomads travel policy?
Let’s highlight what Insured Nomads will be responsible for if you take this policy. Eligible transportation expenses covered include the following:
- Local ambulance
- Interfacility ambulance transfer
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Emergency reunion
- Bedside visit
- Repatriation of mortal remains, local burial, or local cremation
- Return of minors
- Emergency pet transportation
- Trip interruption
- Natural disaster daily replacement accommodations
- Natural disaster evacuation and repatriation
- Political evacuation and repatriation
- Lost checked luggage
Personal liability (injury to third-party, damage or loss to third-party’s property)
Remember, to get the insurer to reimburse you, everything should be done according to the terms and conditions of the contract. Eligibility should be proved as required by the insurer. Like any other insurance policy, you cannot play dirty and expect to get away with it.
Insured Nomads Community (INC)
INC applies to workgroups. Group offering has global benefits for remote teams and international assignees.
Every member on your team can gain access to the INC membership for a year. This care program allows for traveler tracking, messaging, crisis response, and other features. Services you can also access through it include the following:
- GPS-enabled SOS/panic button response
- Counseling and wellbeing support with a multilingual option
- Cybersecurity (VPN and protection)
- Telemedicine with international access
- Global location intelligence
- Country information about safety, security, travel, and medical.
- Real-time travel updates, alerts, and notifications
- Duty of care compliance
- Airport lounge access
INC accompanies you to ensure your safety and offers nearly every conceivable service and support you need in any emergency scenario. It allows members to live and work in any country with near-total peace of mind.
How to Get an Insured Nomads Quote
Getting an Inured Nomads to travel insurance quote is straightforward. Just visit the official website and browse your preferred insurance policy from the available options.
Every package has a Get Quote button. Click on it and proceed with the prompts. That should be an easy task to complete within a few minutes.
You can also ask the customer support team for any clarifications if you are unsure what any of it means – they have a very knowledgeable and helpful team on hand.
Verdict: Is Insured Nomads Legit?
Yes. And some.
Insured Nomads is one of the most reliable and comprehensive up-and-coming travel insurance companies out there.
In a short time, it has developed a global customer base, and from the user reviews we’ve seen, virtually every customer is satisfied with the services offered.
If you need comprehensive health insurance and travel insurance to live or work abroad for up to a year, then Insured Nomads might be your answer. Its sheer range of services and coverage offered at the most competitive price is staggering.
Insured Nomads Alternatives
Are there other travel insurance companies besides Insured Nomads? Yes. If you don’t want Insured Nomads for any reason, there are equally good options for you. Here are the best Insured Nomads alternatives to consider:
If you are looking for travel insurance for your next adventure, you want a policy that will cover the activities you will be doing. Also, health is always a concern that should be included here.
The similarly named and completely unrelated World Nomads travel insurance company is a good alternative to Insured Nomads. Many of us at VT regularly use World Nomads travel insurance.
You can rely on it for various travel insurance packages it offers. It has a range of services, similar to those provided by Insured Nomads.
World Nomads features
- Trip cancellation coverage: the World Nomads can reimburse 100% of your prepaid expenses when you cancel a trip for reasons stated in your policy.
- Travel medical insurance cover: caters for medical expenses when you fall ill or emergency medical expenses up to the limit stated in your plan.
- Emergency medical evacuation: this covers expenses if you need to be transported or flown back in case of an emergency during your trip.
- Travel delay insurance: the insurer reimburses for extra costs incurred due to trip delays as outlined in your plan.
- Travel interruption insurance: pays for flight back home and expenses incurred by cutting your trip short.
Providing extensive coverage for a reasonable price, World Nomads is a solid alternative.
- Extensive coverage with high limits for medical and emergency evacuation
- Coverage for personal belongings against theft
- Adventure sports coverage
- No multiple trips plan
- Some pre-existing conditions are left out
See Related: Best Travel Backpacks | Efficient Carry-On Options
InsureMyTrip is a travel insurance company founded in 2000. It uses advanced tools to help clients find the appropriate policy for the insurance cover they want for their trips. If you want adventure sports coverage, you can also choose InsureMyTrip.
The main features of InsureMytrip include luggage coverage, travel delay, and medical care. Any medical expenses you incur during your trip will be reimbursed. Similarly, you will be compensated for any losses you incur by canceling your trip or the one cut short due to the reasons stated in your policy.
InsureMytrip has a high reputation in the industry. The company partners with 20 different insurance providers to always offer the best services.
You can find the most cost-effective trip coverage or customized plan for your specific needs with these guys. You don’t have to pay for what you will not use. Everything is tailored to client needs.
- You can get the best quote from multiple insurers
- One multifunctional tool to help you find the best plan
- Multiple travel insurance plan options
- Tailor-made services
- Some policies have limited coverage
- Policy limits are not indicated on the first page
Travelex Insurance Service was founded in 1996 and headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. With more than two decades in the industry, you can expect an extensive range of products to match your needs.
Travelex offers customizable travel insurance coverage depending on your trip and what you intend to do abroad. The insurance plans are available to clients in any country.
This is one of the most affordable travel insurance companies. The travel select plan starts at only $28, covering trip cancellation, trip interruption, emergency medical expenses, and emergency evacuation. You can also upgrade or customize your plan to suit your specific needs.
Travelex can reimburse you up to 100% for trip cancellations and 150% for trip interruptions, capped at the limit stated in the policy.
Additionally, the travel select plan covers a 15-day pre-existing condition exclusion waiver. If you buy this plan within 15 days of prepaying for the trip and insure everything, your pre-existing health condition will likely be covered.
Like what you are hearing? Read more in our full Travelex insurance review.
- Travel insurance coverage offered at competitive prices
- Many travel insurance options that you can also customize to your needs
- Minors are covered at no additional cost
- An annual insurance plan is not available
- A basic insurance plan has limited coverage
- Pre-existing conditions are covered based on the insurance plan purchase date
See Related: Best Places to Travel For Your Birthday
AIG Travel Guard
AIG Travel Guard was founded in 1982, making it one of the oldest travel insurance companies on this list. It currently has eight global services centers that serve clients worldwide.
AIG Travel Guard has been awarded the top honors by Forbes Advisor as one of the best travel insurance companies. It guarantees satisfaction, 24/7 online free quote, and 24 hours concierge assistance. You can simply use the online tool to compare different travel insurance plans.
AIG Travel Guard features
- Pre-existing medical condition waiver: you qualify when you purchase the insurance policy the same day you make your first deposit for your trip.
- Lodging expense benefit: a new policy that covers extra lodging expenses. This policy is available for new and existing policyholders.
- Rental vehicle damage coverage: affordable physical damage to your rental cars. It covers the cost of damage repair due to collisions and vandalism.
- Deluxe plan: the most comprehensive travel insurance plan. It also covers global travel assistance and access to 24/7 emergency travel assistance services.
- Essential plan: the most budget-friendly insurance policies. It is the most ideal for business travel and domestic travel.
So you see; there’s a reason AIG Travel Guard has been around for so long.
- Offers in-hospital cash allowance, including COVID-19 overseas quarantine allowance.
- Extensive coverage
- Generous baggage loss coverage
- Higher coverage limits for medical evacuation coverage of up to $1 million
- Affordable travel insurance plans available
- The essential insurance plan has limited coverage
- Trip cancellation is only reimbursed up to 50%
See Related: Best Travel Insurance for South America
AARDY Travel Insurance Marketplace
AARDY Travel Insurance, unlike Insured Nomads, is a policy comparison platform that gives access to many insurance companies. You can also refer to it as a one-stop-shop for all your travel insurance needs. Many travel insurance companies have policy packages, but AARDY has a different approach.
AARDY is a comparison business to help users find the most appropriate insurance policies to cover their trips. You can also shop for health insurance and Medicare supplement plans to ensure your safety.
AARDY partners with highly reputable travel insurance companies in the United States to offer clients the best policy possible. Every partner is rated A or A+ to ensure high integrity when handling claims.
The AARDY website is a wealth of information and easy to navigate. Even if you’re looking for travel insurance policies for the first time, you can easily access what you need for an informed decision.
And if you run into any problems or need clarification, AARDY has a handy FAQ page for quick responses. Alternatively, you can contact the representatives to solve your problem. Their services are top-notch, and we use them a lot too!
Travel Insurance Plans found on AARDY can cover:
- Trip cancellation
- Trip interruption
- Baggage delay or loss
- Medical insurance
- Medical evacuation
Health Insurance Plans found on AARDY can cover:
- Maternity care and birth
- Outpatient services
- Prevention and care
- Chronic conditions
- Laboratory services
- Mental health care
The options available on AARDY are legion. No matter your trip, you should be able to use them to find and tailor the perfect plan for your needs.
- All insurance plans under one roof
- Different insurance options to choose from
- Reputable insurance partners
- Accessible user interface
- Limited travel insurance providers
- Not actually an insurance company
- Trip cancellation is not covered
- Third-party covers health insurance and Medicare products
- Best Travel Resources: Tools to Travel More for Less
- Ways to Get Paid to Travel and Take Photos
- Using a Travel Agent vs Booking Online: What’s Better for Vacations?
Use Skyscanner to book the cheapest flight possible. Skyscanner is my favorite flight search engine as you can find flights around the globe and from every airline possible. You'll be in great shape to get the best price possible.
You must grab a free trial or join Scott's Cheap Flights Premium to get cheap flight alerts directly to your email inbox. My favorite cheap flight alert was 25,000 Delta SkyMiles to London non-stop.